So I put out my spring jams for this year so you might wanna check that out first as a lot of those songs and albums are still on my list but I got a few new ones to share & some classics that are good for any summer playlist.
Oh & check me out on Cymbal a cool music app kind of like Instagram where you can post music your into at the moment & follow others and see what they’re in too. Come see what I’m jammin to always a diverse musical experience 🎶✌🏽🎸🌻💜 #musicislife #hippielife #indigo #starseed
First My Spring 2017 Jams:
Now New Jams to On Add:
The Man- The Killers:
- The Killers Are Back! They have an album coming out in September and I am very excited like back in middle school when they first came out excited. Their first single is called The Man and I love it so ear wormy. Late ’70s-’80s vibes with a little hip-hop mixed with a bunch of funk and groovy guitars and bass & what sounds like some Zapp & Rogers vocal code type stuff. I love it!
Let My Baby Stay (Cover)- Amandla Steinburg:
- I love Amandla Steinburg for all her activism for young black women and the way she picks roles she feels will leave an impact on her viewers in rolls not often done by black girls. This song is no different. It’s a Mac Demarco cover called Let My Baby Stay and she put her own little twist on it and I’m in love with it. Vibes by my queen!
- A good American reggae track. Very ambient & great for a long summer night.
Bad News– SOJA:
- A good track about not believing everything you watch on the news and on TV. That everything that is on TV is bad news which is sad cause it’s true. I love SOJA they are a local DC/VA band & bring a lot of consciousness to the world through their lyrics.
The Way You Used to Do– Queens of the Stone Age:
- This song comes off of Queens of the Stone Age’s new album to be relased August 25th and this song has got me hype of the album. I never really listened to a full Queens project just a few random songs I’ve heard here and there. I’m diggin the guitar riff beat & that drum beat in the background. 2017 has definitely been hit or miss with the rock releases but this is definitely a hit.
Glorious (ft. Skylar Gray)- Macklemore:
- Another meh release from good old Benjamin Haggerty but I do like the piano. The beat & Skyler Grey’s vocals are good. Mac you are going to have to come with something more unique like you used to. Switch it up homie! Don’t rely on guest to one up you. Still love you though.
Run– Foo Fighters:
- So good! A little old school mixed with more hard rock on the guitar & drums. It’s a win Foo Fighters!
All I Can Think About Is You– Coldplay:
- Gives me old skool Coldplay vibes & I love it. Production on point.
Are You That Somebody (Aaliyah Cover)– Unified Highway:
- Such a good cover! Got that reggae/island vibe to it which I love! They did baby girl justice!
Mind Over Matter- Reprise– Young the Giant:
- Great rendition of an already great song. I love Sameer Gadhia’s voice & he is pretty cute and I just love this band.
The Autobiography- As Told By Vic Mensa:
Rollin Like A Stonner,
Woodstock- Portugal. The Man:
Feel It Still, Rich Friends,
Harry Styles– Harry Styles:
All of After Laughter- Paramore:
Women, Praying, Bastards, Learn To Let Go, Hymn, Rainbow, Boogie Feet, Boots, Hunt You Down, Old Flames (Can’t Hold A Candle To You), Godzilla, Spaceship
Kesha is Back! and this is definitely her best album in my option. She came out the box after 5 years kicking ass and taking names. She came back strong with 3 incredible singles proving that she can still be relevant without the machine behind her. Her album is a mix of passion, fun, & lots of sass in true Kesha fashion.This album was produced by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis which is a great writing duo who have made passionate tracks before for Macklemore projects. She also worked with many different artist like the Dap-Kings horn section and Dolly Parton and of course worked with her mom which I find to be the best writer of all. Now this album is very different in terms of sound but still very Kesha in terms of lyrics. She has country, glam-rock, pop, ballets, folk, blue grass and everything in between on there and it all really works for her voice. Oh and she doesn’t use audio-tune on this album which is a huge plus as Kesha actually has a very beautiful voice.
Something to Tell You– HAIM:
Want You Back, Right Now, Ready for You, Something to Tell You, Kept Me Crying, Found It In Silence, Walking Away
- Walking Away is the 2nd best song off the album besides Right Now. Love HAIM fell in love off their first record as they got those good rock/R&B vocals & guitar, base & drum skills for days but are they just a one trick pony when it comes to lyrics? Brake ups all day?
Neva Left– Snoop Dogg:
420 (Blaze Up), Lavender (Nightfall Remix), Let Us Begin, Mount Kushmore, Vapors (DJ Battlecat Remix), I’m Still Here, Love Around the World
- 420 (Blaze Up) is the best song off Snoop Doggy Dog’s latest album. Simple song about Kush. Snoop, Wiz, & Devin with what sounds like that old skool G-Funk production by DJ Battlescat.
No Introductions, Way Back, It’s Sunny, Haters, Interlude, American Gold, Scandalous, Joy Ride
All of Year In Review- Dustin Thomas:
- I know I am mad late to the party as usual but this Dustin Thomas record is so beautiful! He basically is in my mind speaking what I can’t articulate.
The Get Down Part 1 & 2 Soundtrack:
And of Course Some Timeless Jams to Get Any Summer Playlist Poppin:
Summertime: DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Bumpin’ on Sunset: Wes Montgomery
Everybody Loves the Sunshine: Roy Ayers
What’s My Name: Snoop Doggie Dogg 🐶
California Love: Tupac & Dr. Dre
Ocean Man from the first Spongebob Squarepants movie soundtrack
Any & All Sublime Songs
Up Jump tha Boogie: Snoop & Warren G
Lovely Day: Vic Mensa
Summer Friends: Chance the Rapper
If We Dance: All Cows Eat Grass
Any & All Bob Marley & Family Songs
Any & All MJ Songs
FQ-C #7: Willow Smith
Friends ft. Tom Morello: Raury
U Know What’s Up ft. Left Eye: Donell Jones
Redbone: Childish Gambino
So Fresh, So Clean: OutKast
Before I Let Go ft. Frankie Beverly: Maze
Siesta del sol (Laid Back Summer Cut): In Credo
In the Summertime: Mungo Jerry
Move Your Feet: Junior Senior
The Sound of Sunshine: Michael Franti & Spearhead
+ Many, Many Others which you can check out in my Summer Vibes playlist on Youtube:
Well Till Next Time…Pump Up The Volume! ♥♥♥