October. The month of birth. My birth to be exact. October 6th, 1991. This year I will be 25. #LibraSeason
October. The month of change. The changing of the colors of the leaves on the trees to the changing of summer to fall.
October. The month of spooky ghostly witchy vibes. Halloween–All Hallows Eve–Day of the Dead. Costumes and candy and spooks oh my! From movies to music and decor alike. Celebrating those ancestors & relatives who have passed with brightly colored alters with their favorite foods. Sugerskulls. Parades & festivals with brightly colored clothing and costumes.
October. The month of preparation. Preparing for the long winter ahead like the animals who prepare for hibernation to preparing your crops for the end of the growing season. The autumn or fall season is the traditional harvest time for most Native American tribes, and autumn is associated with the corn goddess in many east coast tribes. Spiritually, autumn is considered a symbol of change in many North American tribes. The Pueblo Indians and some California tribes such as the Hupa hold special Autumn Dances as part of their tribal dance traditions, and the Hopi have traditionally considered autumn a favorable time of year for weddings.
October. The month of camping & outdoor activities. Camping out in the woods just you and mother Earth looking up to the stars. Building a bonfire and roasting marshmallows to make smores. Taking long walks and hikes on a beautiful path.
October. The month of cozy clothing. From cute scarfs, to comfy oversized sweaters, to boots & beanies. Warm blankets and fuzzy socks & slippers. Funky tights & patterned leggings.
October. The month of comfort foods & drinks. Warm soups, chilies and casseroles. Tomato, butternut squash, pumpkin, or chicken soup & grilled cheese with a cup of hot cider, coco, latte or tea. Great casseroles like mac & cheese, green bean, and others.
October. The month of celebrating the season with friends & family. Having pumpkin gatherings or celebrating trick or treats together. Having a friends-giving or large gathering with family. Going to a Fall or Autumn festival in your town. Just getting together to celebrate the change of the seasons.
October. The month of Orange! From Butternut Squash, to the color of the falling leaves, to the color of the sunsets at night. The orange pumpkins turned into pies and jack-o-lanterns orange like the candy corn after trick or treating. Orange clothing, orange food, and orange drinks.
October. The month of music. In the chillier months of the year warm, slow, more melodic tunes start to come into rotation. More acoustic, jazzy, folk songs, warm R&B/soul and rock and even chill wave and trip-hop. Like a warm blanket or cup of coco for our ears.
Fleet Foxes, Allen Stone, Toro y Moi, Kimya Dawson, Bon Iver, Ben Harper, Citizen Cope, Alabama Shakes, Amos Lee, Florence + The Machine, James Vincent McMorrow, Sade, The xx, Groove Armada, Brett Dennen, Norah Jones, Graffiti6, Young the Giant, Xavier Rudd, Nahko & Medicine for the People, Jack Johnson
- Sun It Rises//Fleet Foxes
- Sweater Weather//The Neighborhood
- The Wind//Allen Stone
- Bonfires//Blue Foundations
- Skinny Love//Bon Iver
- Little Lion Man & The Cave//Mumford & Sons
- When My Train Pulls In//Gary Clark Jr.
- Morning Yearning//Ben Harper
- Seen It All Before//Amos Lee
- 32 Flavors//Alana Davis
- Cherry Wine//Nas ft. Amy Winehouse
- River//Civil Twilight
- Shake Me Down//Cage The Elephant
- Calm The Storm//Graffiti6
- Return To Innocenece//Enigma
- Higher Love//James Vincent McMorrow
- By Your Side//Sade
- Don’t Look Back//Telepopmusik ft. Angela McCluskey
- Fiction//The xx
- Inside My Mind (Blue Skies)//Groove Armada
- Slow Motion//PHOX
- Fragments of Time//Daft Punk ft. Todd Edwards
- Hurricane Waters//Citizen Cope
- Desert Sunrise//Brett Dennen
- Nightingale//Norah Jones
- Follow the Sun//Xavier Rudd
- The Funeral//Band of Horses
- You & I//Local Natives
- Retrograde//James Blake
- Destiny, Waiting Line//Zero 7
- All My Days, Orange Sky, Breath//Alexi Murdoch
- Crosses, Heartbeats//Jose Gonzalez
- Ya Never Know//Terraplane Sun
- Across the Universe//Fiona Apple
- Apartment, Islands, Cough Syrup, Art Exhibit//Young the Giant
- Big Jet Plane//Angus & Julia Stone
- West Coast//Coconut Records
- Save Tonight//Eagle-Eye Cherry
- Guitar Man//Bread
- Never Get Enough//Lianne La Havas
- Seasons (Waiting On You)//Future Islands
- Nothing Lasts Forever//Deepak Chopra ft. Lisa Bonet
- Tus Pies (Your Feet), Love Letters to God, We Are On Time, Great Spirit, We Shall Over Come, Pueo, Ghosts Embodied, Simplicity, Vultures of Culture//Nahko + Medicine for the People
- Sound & Color//Alabama Shakes
- Waiting for October//Polaris
- I Try//Ben Taylor
- La femme d’argent//Air
- That Green Gentleman// Panic! At The Disco
- You & I//Ingrid Michaelson
- Times Like These//Jack Johnson
- Truce//Twenty One Pilots
- Sunday Morning//Maroon 5
To sum it all up October is my favorite month of the year and Autumn is my favorite season. This next month will be a celebration to all that is October.
Till Next Time…Celebrate the Season
My Orange Playlist: